Thanks for your interest in the Live Plant Photo project!
Some 100,000 vascular plant species are estimated to occur in the Neotropics, and many of them have never been photographed in the wild. By contributing plant photos to this database, you will be helping people throughout Central and South America to identify plants quickly and efficiently.
We’re especially interested in:
- Images identified to species, preferably by expert
- High-resolution images with a file size greater than 500KB
- Images of species not currently represented on the website, OR of species already represented on the website but showing plant parts not shown on the website (e.g., leaves, stems, flowers, fruits, seeds)
- Images that show key traits that help identification
If your photos meet these criteria, please contact us below!
If we accept your submission, we’ll ask you to:
- Fill out a simple database that will speed up our work databasing the photos
- Sign a permissions form allowing us to display them under a Creative Commons License with acknowledgment of you as the photographer.